Old 06-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Joe

Bought this house a while back and the previous owner had left these
two potted plants behind with these kinda obnoxious spikey leaves.

So I was out lookin' at 'em one day with my wife and I says "Mabel" I
says "that thar looks like one of them thar whatchacall pineapples".
She bent over looked at 'em real hard says "Ya know, I reckon that's
'zactly what they be".

So, now that I know they're pineapple, I'm wondering when they'll be
ripe. The fruit started looking like a pineaple about 1.5 to 2 mos.
ago. They are smaller than what you'd find in the grocery store but
still relatively large.

Also, I read that the plant dies after bearing fruit. Is this true?

I must say that this is a pleasant surprise as we both love pineapple.

I live in east central (Space Coast) FL

TIA

fellow floridian ay? i am a space coastian also (palm bay)

i have about 5 pineapple plants. Pineapples, don't die after the first
fruit, they usually put out a second shoot and make one more from the same
base then tend to die back. but just take the top of the fruit that the
plant puts out and plant it

welcome!!