Old 06-06-2005, 10:54 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On 6 Jun 2005 12:39:08 -0700, wrote:

Here is a problem I have not seen on here...
We live in Mesa Arizona and it gets quite hot. The past few summers we
have had, as I am sure everyone has, bees coming to the waterfall to
have a drink and take water back to the hive. Of course we did not
mind.
This year, however, there are upwards of 25-40 bees at a time coming
down to drink, constantly flying back and forth to the hive. Due to
the fact the most bees here in Arizona are of the Africanized variety,
this makes us a little nervous. Does anyone know of any way,
preferebly non lethal, to disuade them from doing this? They are just
getting out of hand and for the safety of us, our neighbors, and other
animals, it's time for them to move on.

Actually I believe this has been on here a long time ago. The suggestion is
to figure out where the hive is and put a water source closer to the hive
than your pond. Is this possible? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~