Old 19-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Hey man, blue grass - advice?

In article ,
Lynda Thornton wrote:

Oh, that's a shame, I just thought bluish grass would give a lovely
effect from a distance, but the area of the garden I want to plant with
it has a shed in one corner and a high fence, which create a lot of
shadow between them. I can't risk planting rue unfortunately, with
having a toddler so I'll have to have a rethink. Are there any other
blue-green plants I could consider, rather than grass? For instance,
juniper is very bluish green and doesn't mind shade (but I don't want
one there, just an example) - are there any herbaceous perennials which
have that kind of colouring, and maybe blue flowers?

While juniper can handle shade, it doesn't like it. There are
certainly plenty of such plants with blue flowers - periwinkles,
ground ivy etc. I wouldn't panic over rue, but I agree that a
carpet of it is probably a bad idea.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679