Old 07-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Hank

Tom, I used a "Have-a-heart" trap and 3 months and 21 furry bandits
later and I haven't had a problem in a year. I did however relocate
them to a state park near you ......... Sorry. ;-}
I never lost any fish ... just frogs and snails ..... and torn up
plants.

--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1

"Tom Puskar" wrote in message
A neighbor recently lost all but about 5 fish (he figures he had
nearly 40 including a crop of last year's babies) to raccoons. Some
of his fish were 10 years old so you can imagine how upset he is.

Since I live across the street, I'm concerned about the raccoon(s)
stopping by here. I've already had my battle with a heron which,
Thank God, seems to have stop visiting. I lost about 8 fish and
don't want to lose more.

Other than netting (which is now up, or trapping, what's the best
way to discourage raccoons?

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ