Old 07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Doug Kanter

It all depends on lots of factors, like weather, and how much sun or shade
you've got in a particular spot, but I've used shredded cedar mulch for
years without seeing fungus. Another option is grass clippings collected
with a bag attachment on your mower, if it's got that option. Put down an
inch or two of grass, not in thick clumps, but sprinkled loosely. It'll turn
brown pretty quickly and blend right in. Keep it away from tiny seedlings,
if you're sprouting any seeds.

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
Is there any kind of wood mulch I can use for flower beds along side of my
house,last year I used some mulch that gave me black tiny spots on my
white
vinyl siding(artillery fungus),I dont want to make the same mistake again
Thanks