Old 07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Susan Hogarth

Jo wrote:
"Susan Hogarth" wrote in message
oups.com...
Riding the motorcycle Saturday evening I smelled ginkgo quite
distinctly several times. Is is blooming?

Incidentally, I *like* the smell. It's got a rank sort of
primitive-jungle feel to it ;-) Of course, I also like the smell of
boxwood!

I haven't seen any, but I like the smell of boxwood too!

I -knew- I couldn't be the only one! When I was a child, we had a huge
boxwood(s) that was basically a 'grove' of trees (from
child-perspective - but they were a good 8-10 feet tall). We used to
climb in them, and called them 'tick trees' because we always seemed to
get ticks after climbing in them. I used to think ticks grew in the
cups of the young leaves. Funny childhood fancies! Anyway, that's where
I grew to love the smell, I suppose.

(Also like motorcycle rides, but been too long for me)

For me, too, but I'm just getting back into it. Maybe I'll get
confident enough to offer you a ride sometime.

- Susan