Old 19-10-2002, 06:19 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Seaside greenery

Val wrote in message ...
We are moving to a beach side house in the near future and would like to
plant shrubs and trees that will thrive well on the Sussex Coast. Any
suggestions gratefully received. TIA
--

My Mum used to live a hundred yards or so from the Sussex Coast at Selsey.
I noticed that all the trees and some shrubs suffered from wind/salt spray

Other suggestions from RD Enc. of Garden plants and flowers...
Acer (T); Arbutus (T); Calluna (S); Caryopteris (S); Ceanothus (S);
Chaenomeles (S); Cordyline (T); Cotoneaster (S); Cupressus (T); Cytisus (S);
Eleagnus (S); Euonymus (S); Forsythia (S); Fuchsia (S); Garrya (S); Genista
(S); Griselinia (S); Helianthemum (S); Hippophae (S); Hydrangea (S);
Hypericum (S); Ilex (S); Juniperus (S.T); Lavandula (S); Ligustrum (S);
Lupinus arboreus (S); Olearia (S); Pittosporum (S); Potentilla (S);
Pyracantha (S); Rosmarinus (S); Santolina (S); Senecio (S); Spartium (S);
Spiraea (S); Tamarix (S); Ulex (S); Yucca (S).

Hope that list helps. :-)

--
Bob
http://www.pooleygreengrowers.org.uk/ about an allotment site