Old 07-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Sallyrat&Sweetie" wrote:

Hmm.. this gets me thinking..

I have pineapple plants that I started from seed over 5 years ago. They are
quite large but I have no idea how to get them to bear fruit. They are
mostly indoor plants ( I am in zone 5) but are outside right now ( in the
shade) enjoying our 30 degree celsius weather ( thats approx 90 degree F) in
Ontario.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Sally

I have heard that you can put the potted plant in a paper bag with a
couple of apples and seal it in there for a couple of days. The
ethelyne gas from the apples is supposed to encourage the plant to
blossom. I've not tried it, but it doesn't seem like it would hurt the
plant if you gave it a go.

marcella