Old 07-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Angrie.Woman

"Tom Puskar" wrote in message
A neighbor recently lost all but about 5 fish (he figures he had nearly 40
including a crop of last year's babies) to raccoons. Some of his fish were
10 years old so you can imagine how upset he is.

Since I live across the street, I'm concerned about the raccoon(s)
stopping by here. I've already had my battle with a heron which, Thank
God, seems to have stop visiting. I lost about 8 fish and don't want to
lose more.

Other than netting (which is now up, or trapping, what's the best way to
discourage raccoons?

My pond was deep enough that the fish just went to the bottom and hid under
the milk crate when they came visiting. I only had 2, so it was easy to keep
count of them.