Old 07-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Susan

"gogo" wrote Hello, Any idea what
happened to my Dicentra spectabilis?
It's been fine for 3 years, loads of foliage and flowers, but suddenly

this
year, this:
http://www.gogo.me.uk/IMG_1041sm.jpg
http://www.gogo.me.uk/IMG_1043sm.jpg
Is it a nutrient deficiency? Something wrong in the soil?

Phillipe, my Dicentra has done this every year for at least 5 years,
although the leaves on mine aren't quite as yellow as yours. It's always
grown and flowered well. I thought it might be a magnesium deficiency so I
used epsom salts, but it didn't make any difference to the leaves. I
decided to believe that I had discovered a new variegated form and I was
daydreaming about having it named after me!!!