Old 08-06-2005, 02:58 AM
gardin

Default help: dry spot on lawn

I am in Ottawa (Ontario).
There is a spot on my front lawn where the soil is dried out fairly
quickly and the grass there looks brown and sparse. That spot looked
nice in early Spring, but lately it has been hot and that area is
worsening noticeably. The area is not large, just about 2mx2m (~6'x6'),
is about 2-3m !6-7') westward from a tree.
Last Fall I put more top soil/peat moss/seeds (red creeping fescue+
Kentucky blue grass) there. I water it regularly this Spring too, but
now it looks brown. Grass nearby this spot looks fine though.
What could I do? Plant different kind of grass?

Thanks -