Old 08-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Henrik Gistvall

Jim Lewis wrote:

Tiziano wrote:
Hi
I am workin on a junuperus rigida and some branches and
top will be jinned
Master JKyuzo Murata said that the season for carving
is winther , but the bark peels off away easily in may-june.
and is hotter for make juns dry before applying liquid..
It is the first time I am doing it and I am quite perplexed
the world *carving * makes me perplex it is ment in
general meaning as to peel the branch and sculture it or
can be peeld teh brench in may june and let dry 6 months and
Carve suclpure in jannuary?
thanks for informations
Tiziano

If you are carving with anything other than a knife, it's
always better to wait until the wood dries.

In most cases you "sculpture" the jin by tearing the fibres of the wood,
and this is only possible when the wood is still fresh.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++