Old 08-06-2005, 04:22 PM
K Barrett

The only advice I can offer is to get one with the most lumens you can get,
in order to light up a dark room. Otherwise they are all about the same
now. Dell had some decent prices a while back. I think Amazon did too.
But Office Depot had some decent prices too. so look around, you shold
definately be able to get a good on for about $1000- $1500, if not less.
Also, small (light) is better for your back.

We have access to an older one, which cost over $2500 new. Its owner said -
at the time - most projectors had difficulty reproducing yellows, however
I've never noticed that problem in an other projector...so I'm assuming its
been corrected over time.

Volunteer to be the person in charge of storing the projector for the club.
That way you can project DVDs in your home. Home Theatre at someone elses'
expense!!

K Barrett

"danny" wrote in message
news
Our orchid society is probably going to buy a projector in the next month

or
so. Our July speaker has a Powerpoint presentation and we've already
figured out that it makes more sense to buy a projector than rent one for

couple hundred dollars every time we need it. If anyone here has looked

at
them lately and can offer advice on good models (or ones to avoid) I'd
appreciate it. We're probably looking to stay around $1000 (plus or minus

few hundred, definitely well under $2000).

-danny