Old 08-06-2005, 10:33 PM
J Jackson

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
: The message
: from CindyBurbridge contains
: these words:

: I have a rather large monkey puzzle tree in my back garden. There are
: currently many bulbs that are growing at the tops of the tree, i would
: like to know if its possible to grow them into trees, and how i would
: go about doing so?

: I'd sell it to Kew quickly - it must be unique.

No it isn't.

We used to holiday on the northumberland coast, near lindisfarne.
In a wood close to the cottage, is a section of self seeded monkey
puzzles in various stages of development and thriving well. An earlier
landowner must have planted out the original but now the colony is happily
spreading.

Jim