Old 09-06-2005, 11:45 AM
RichardS

"RichardS" wrote in message

The recent thread on rosebay willow herb reminded me about the exact
question I was going to ask.

A plant came up amongst a bed of perenniels that we bought from Hampton
Court last year.

Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what we bought, and it did come up
only in one spot and looked vaguely like something that we might have got,
but I don't think that we would have planted it in that position if it was
going to be quite that tall (the fence behind is about 4'6" tall with 1'
trellis on top)!

http://domino-177.billbuchan.com/Oli...ks/RSAN-62VKNR

If it is most likely RBWH then I want to get rid now, rather than waiting
for flowers (it's showing no signs of flowering yet) - there's other stuff
I'd like to establish there.

many thanks

Thanks to all for replies - seem to confirm my suspicion that it isn't
something that we have purposely planted (I'm terribly distracted these days
and tend to forget such things!).

It's going to come up. I may transplant it to the end of the garden, as it
is quite pretty by all accounts and a good plant to give a bit of height at
that end, and it seems it might have wildlife benefits. I know it's not the
ideal time of year, but if it's worthy of the moniker "weed" then it shoudl
surely survive :-) I'll then just have to keep an eye on it and jump on
it's offspring rather sharply if they come up in other places.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk