Old 09-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Marty Haber

I've lost a half dozen so far. I quit.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 7:45 AM
Subject: [IBC] Mini Mugo

In a message dated 6/9/05 12:04:17 AM, Ethan Smith writes:
At the May Columbus Bonsai Society meeting I participated in a Mini Mugo
pine workshop. With some expert help from some very experienced folks I
felt
like it had a pretty good chance for survival.

The mini mugos are very tempting, but I find them to be extremely
temperamental, worse than serissa. They are especially susceptible to
repotting errors. I
think I may lose another one, possibly due to a late frost last month.
Can't
offer specific advice, except keep it in part shade & don't overwater. If
you
lose it, try again. At least these days they are easy to find at the
nurseries
& not expensive in small sizes.
Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++