Old 09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Craig Cowing

On Jun 9, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Marty Haber wrote:

Here's one for the "Don't Get Discouraged" department:
I've been growing this zelkova for at least 20 years. When I
transplanted it this spring, it looked mighty sad. March came & went.
April slid by. May dribbled on. Nothing. On June 5, I saw green.
When I looked this morning, It had 1/4" leaves all over it. I can't
tell you how I feel ... you already know!

Had a similar experience with a flowering apricot except I've only had
it a year. After bringing i out of winter storage I waited for it to
leaf out. It started to just last week. I'd just about given up. Now
it's covered in leaves.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37