Old 09-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Lt. Kizhe Catson

CanadianCowboy=A9 wrote:
OK ...I am tired of my friends and family telling me why I don't have=20
water lilies in my pond so I am hoping someone will help me out. I liv=

e=20
in Canada (zone 5) so I didn't want the hassle of caring for these in=20
the winter.
=20
What options do I have ? Buy them every year , put them in my garage ?=

=20
Any help would be much appreciated !

Huh?! You can't keep *tropical* waterlilies in places with serious=20
winter, but there's plenty of pretty-coloured hardy cultivars of the=20
native species. Any decent nursery/pond place should have them; they=20
usually run ~$25 (half-price if it's after Laobur Day ;-). As long as=20
your pond doesn't freeze right to the bottom, they will overwinter just=20
fine, and expand year by year.

-- Kizhe