Old 10-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Wilmdale

CanadianCowboyİ wrote:

Many Thanks !!!

I heard of hardy lilies but didn't think they would come back after
winter.

CanadianCowboyİ wrote:

OK ...I am tired of my friends and family telling me why I don't have
water lilies in my pond so I am hoping someone will help me out. I
live in Canada (zone 5) so I didn't want the hassle of caring for
these in the winter.

What options do I have ? Buy them every year , put them in my garage ?

Any help would be much appreciated !

They will come back if you prune in the fall and lower them to the
bottom of your pond to over winter. As long as your pond does not
freeze solid to the bottom, they will be ok. I started out with 3
plants two seasons ago one which was a pitiful looking thing from Lowes
that I paid $1.00 for that fall. It turned out to be my best looking
lilly last year! This spring I repotted and separated them and now have
8 pots of lilies. Don't despair! They will survive!
Success to you!
W. Dale