Old 09-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Bob Hobden

"Henry" wrote
Flymo/Electrolux/McCulloch are all brands of the Electrolux group.

We got a McCulloch cheap in an end of season sale from Argos a couple of
years ago and it's been fine, it has another engine brand, can't remember
which - Italian and not supposed to be as good as B&S but starts first
time every time.

Tecumseh ? http://www.tecumsehuk.co.uk/ Big wharehouse in Staines.

I expect the plastic deck will fail due to vibration before the engine
dies, and it does vibrate fairly well when damp grass gets clogged around
the blades. So that would be my recommendation on a cheap mower, get a
metal decked one if you can.

They still clog no matter what the deck is made of if you cut damp grass.

Don't ever be tempted to unclog a mower that is still doing, you will loose
a finger if not a hand, and steel toecap boots are also a very good idea
especially if you cut rough ground.

--
Regards
Bob