Old 10-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Susan" wrote in message
"Moo" [email protected] wrote in message
I purchased "15 Double Freesias" corns from B & Q and planted them about

8
weeks ago in a border that gets full sun about 8 hours a day.
No sign of any growth ......

Ditto. I bought mine from B&Q, planted them in a pot in an unheated
greenhouse. I actually dug around in the pot today thinking they must've
had it, but the bulbs still look plump and alive, although there are no
shoots or roots.

I think they grow in winter, flowering in spring ( which is what makes them
tricky outdoors) Maybe there are ways of tricking them but I am afraid I
don't know (there is bound to be someone who grows them on here!)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk