Old 10-06-2005, 06:45 PM
GardenGerald GardenGerald is offline
Registered User

Hello,
Transfer pollen by hand using a small fine bristle artists paint brush.
Have you thought about covering you plants with a lightweight fleece to exclude any insects so that your cross is exactly what you want it to be.
Best of luck, the cross should be O.K. let me know how you get on. Just a thought, do you know how to gather seed and keep it until sowing time.
Best wishes,
Gerald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Harris
I know that most tomatoes are in practice self-fertile with
fertilisation taking place before the flower opens?

So, how do I get my Black Russian and Yellow Perfection to interbreed?
Purely in the interests of science!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/