Old 10-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Jim Lewis

Kev Bailey wrote:
I've climbed 2 active volcanoes, lived on the side of one under canvas
for a month and experienced a 6.7 on the Richter scale. I'd still rather
risk an eruption than Floridas weather;-)

Good luck with the tropical storms and cyclones. I hope you have a
method of rapid tie down devised!

Cheers

Kev Bailey

I move small trees into my screened porch. The big ones go
on the ground & under the tables. It's horse trailers and
"light" (only 2500 pounds) stuff like that that I worry
about in a big blow. At the very least they can get blown
over; at worst they can land on top of someone or someone's
house. Cars and trucks go into the barn, with the horses.
Ancient aunt-in-law moves from her modular home into our
house (Grrrrrrr!)

I spent enough time living in Hawaii and California to take
earthquakes and other earth-related things more or less in
stride, too. Road got shifted 3 feet to one side and
dropped 1 foot in front of our house when I was about 5
years old in S. California. _I_ thought it was great fun.
Others thought otherwise.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --