Old 09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] TS Arlene

Well, it has started. Tropical Storm Arlene -- a very minor storm
(knock on wood) -- is heading north into the Gulf of Mexico, enroute
(it appears) to Pensacola, FL. We're only 9 days into the season,
which lasts through November.

Bummer.
--
Jim Lewis - - Ready to move to New Mexico, where
they DO NOT HAVE tropical cyclones! (But where a volcano IS a

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 10-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Kev Bailey

I've climbed 2 active volcanoes, lived on the side of one under canvas for a
month and experienced a 6.7 on the Richter scale. I'd still rather risk an
eruption than Floridas weather;-)

Good luck with the tropical storms and cyclones. I hope you have a method of
rapid tie down devised!

Cheers

Kev Bailey

Well, it has started. Tropical Storm Arlene -- a very minor storm
(knock on wood) -- is heading north into the Gulf of Mexico, enroute
(it appears) to Pensacola, FL. We're only 9 days into the season,
which lasts through November.

Bummer.

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 10-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Ed Trout

Kev,

Appreciate your concern. I'm in Miami, and the rain has been pretty steady since last night. This is just a tropical storm at this point, so the winds are not a problem. We're on the northeast side of Arlene, which has the heaviest rainbands, and it looks like the entire state of Florida is going to get what we're getting now, so look out Jim! At least we won't have to worry about watering for a couple of days. Not sure I agree with you about earthquakes vs hurricanes though! At least we get "reasonable" warnings.

Ed Trout Pembroke Pines, Fl

Old 10-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Jim Lewis

Kev Bailey wrote:
I've climbed 2 active volcanoes, lived on the side of one under canvas
for a month and experienced a 6.7 on the Richter scale. I'd still rather
risk an eruption than Floridas weather;-)

Good luck with the tropical storms and cyclones. I hope you have a
method of rapid tie down devised!

Cheers

Kev Bailey

I move small trees into my screened porch. The big ones go
on the ground & under the tables. It's horse trailers and
"light" (only 2500 pounds) stuff like that that I worry
about in a big blow. At the very least they can get blown
over; at worst they can land on top of someone or someone's
house. Cars and trucks go into the barn, with the horses.
Ancient aunt-in-law moves from her modular home into our
house (Grrrrrrr!)

I spent enough time living in Hawaii and California to take
earthquakes and other earth-related things more or less in
stride, too. Road got shifted 3 feet to one side and
dropped 1 foot in front of our house when I was about 5
years old in S. California. _I_ thought it was great fun.
Others thought otherwise.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

Old 10-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Michael Persiano

Kev:

I was in Fort Myers chatting up the new book and delivering a critiquing session. Hot is not the word to describe the state of the weather. );-)

We are already challenged in PA with shading deciduous materials with new growth. Dehydration will clearly be a concern this summer.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

Dianthus 'Arlene' Sacha United Kingdom 0 30-08-2006 10:13 AM
[IBC] ***** [IBC] Was [IBC] ADMIN: sloooow - added Holiday Care Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 15-08-2003 06:22 PM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] Mastering Technique (Was [IBC] proposal) Mark Hill Bonsai 1 27-02-2003 11:25 PM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] Mastering Technique (Was [IBC] proposal) Mark Hill Bonsai 4 27-02-2003 09:20 PM
[IBC] To: IBC Enforcer (was: [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy?) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 11:25 PM