Old 11-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Lynda Thornton

In article , Moo writes
Did some gardening today. I dug up what looked like a weed in a border.
Long horizontal root.

I have uploaded a couple of photos and would be grateful if someone
could tell me what it is.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sat...52&.src=ph&.to
k=phMQcIDBg92ec1rR

A relative thinks it may be a shrub and wants me to replant it. I'm
resisting until I'm sure its not a weed.

Moo.

Hi

I can't say that I recognise it from the photos, but it certainly seems
more shrubby and of a larger scale than weeds usually get - if you don't
replant it it might die and you will never find out of course! One good
way to tell is when the leaves get bigger and/or if it flowers.

Best wishes
Lynda