Old 11-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Kay

In article , Moo writes
Moo wrote:
Did some gardening today. I dug up what looked like a weed in a border.
Long horizontal root.

I have uploaded a couple of photos and would be grateful if someone
could tell me what it is.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sat.../3e52&.src=ph&.

tok=phMQcIDBg92ec1rR

A relative thinks it may be a shrub and wants me to replant it. I'm
resisting until I'm sure its not a weed.

Moo.

If you have difficulty with the long url please use
http://tinyurl.com/7mz2j instead

I don't recognise it as a UK wild plant.

It may be a 'shrub', by which I assume you mean a non-native plant used
as a garden shrub, but some of those can be quite invasive too. You
don't have to keep something in your garden just because other people
grow it in theirs ;-) - if you don't want it, stand by your guns.

The 'sucker from a stone fruit' theory sounds a good bet.
--
Kay