Old 11-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article .com,
wrote:

I am have a number trees/shrubs prunned this week and one of which is a
large laurel tree. I have a couple of question w.r.t this which I hope
someone will be able help out.

1)Is prunning a laurel tree in June ok ?

And in January to May, or July to December. Other times may be
better, but you will have a job killing one of those things.

2) How should it prunned ? Can I use a chain saw on ?

You can use a chainsaw on anything you can get at, including your
leg. I prefer a bowsaw, being rather attached to my legs.

Oh, you mean will it harm the laurel? See above :-) Nothing much
short of nuclear weapons will cause permanent damage in a single
action to an established laurel.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.