Old 11-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Moo [email protected] contains these words:

Did some gardening today. I dug up what looked like a weed in a border.
Long horizontal root.

I have uploaded a couple of photos and would be grateful if someone
could tell me what it is.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sat...MQcIDBg92ec1rR

A relative thinks it may be a shrub and wants me to replant it. I'm
resisting until I'm sure its not a weed.

It looks like a sucker from a tree or shrub - have you got a cherry of
any sort nearby?

I'd coil the root into a big pot and see what it grows into: it's not a
weed as such, but it might turn out to be something pernicious - like
poplar...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/