Old 12-06-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Need Grass Suggestions for Partial Shade Lawn in Dallas

Hi, I've got a Bermuda grass front lawn and two Bradford Pear trees in
the front have grown now to the point where there is a section of the
lawn between the trees that doesn't get much sunlight so the grass is
VERY thin.

I'd like to plant sod or overseed in that area but it's right in the
middle of the lawn and I don't know what kind of grass to put there.
I've read that St. Augustine grass is great for shade, but won't that
look ugly mixed with the Bermuda?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a grass that will look decent
mixed with Bermuda?

Thanks.