Old 21-10-2002, 08:18 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Which plant can stand aphid and can grow on a balcony?

"Marc W" wrote in
:

"Dwayne" wrote

Mix 4 or 5 drops of liquid dish soap with a liter of water and spray
that

on
the plants with aphids, both sides of the leaves. Then get a fan and
turn it on so it will blow on the plants. Aphids hate a breeze.
Good luck. Dwayne

Hi Dwayne, and thanks, but actually I have not expressed myself
correctly:

I do not like to spray anything twice a week, I am looking for a plant
that can grow there easely without much work. Since I am sure I will
forget to spray, soap or poison. Or fan.

I wonder if you could be forgetting to water and feed enough? Roses will
not normally be killed by aphids, and I've never seen them on strawberries
myself. But I do find that plants that are already under stress tend to
suffer much more from aphids.

Could I suggest that whatever you end up getting, you put it in a decent-
sized pot, perhaps one of those ones with a built-in reservoir in case you
miss watering from time to time?

What about a rosemary bush? Pretty tough and drought-tolerant and never
seen 'em get aphids... And perhaps a pot of a pretty ivy planted up with
some snowdrops, mini daffodils and chionodoxa?

Victoria Clare