Old 12-06-2005, 04:46 PM

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

I am have a number trees/shrubs prunned this week and one of which is a
large laurel tree. I have a couple of question w.r.t this which I hope
someone will be able help out.

1)Is prunning a laurel tree in June ok ?

And in January to May, or July to December. Other times may be
better, but you will have a job killing one of those things.

2) How should it prunned ? Can I use a chain saw on ?

You can use a chainsaw on anything you can get at, including your
leg. I prefer a bowsaw, being rather attached to my legs.

Oh, you mean will it harm the laurel? See above :-) Nothing much
short of nuclear weapons will cause permanent damage in a single
action to an established laurel.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thank you to all that replied....

seems the pruning can go ahead this Wednesday and as it going to be
done
by a professional ( not me ) we should be all ok at the end !of it !!