Old 12-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Reel-Mckoi

wrote in message
oups.com...
in my new filter setup, anything floating in the water sinks to the
bottom of my 40g tub. once it's at the bottom, i simply drain it.

## Yes, that's what I do as well. The "sludge" is drained into a tub and
used to water the garden.

this
was a major problem for me but i'm getting it under control now. all it
needs is somewhere it can settle and then you can remove it.

## I have the settling tank packed with blue pickerel weed and parrots
feather to help filter the water as it's passing through. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.