Old 13-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Stephen Howard

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:23:37 +0100, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

OK, so there I am with my nice "wildish" garden, "making room for nature"
and how does it repay me? By having the local residents come and eat all my
strawberries -harrumph!

And it's not just the mice. The blackbirds are getting in on the act too.

So are "natural" and "grow-your-own" incompatible?

Paul "I like nature really" DS.

You gotta mesh 'em! Just about everything will want a piece of your
strawberries.
It's worth spending a bit of time ( and cash ) knocking up a dedicated
frame for the mesh, so as to make it easy to lift the mesh ( and
replace it ) when tending/harvesting.
Plastic mesh is fine, but a wire mesh over a treated timber frame will
last many years.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk