Old 22-10-2002, 12:39 AM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default Choosing an apple tree

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson" wrote in
message ...
I want to buy a couple of apple trees this autumn to add to the ones I
already have which are Ashmead's Kernel, Blenheim Orange, Bramley's
Seedling, Discovery, Fiesta, Greensleeves, Howgate Wonder, Jupiter,
Kidd's Orange Red and Winston.
I prefer something quite vigorous as i have space and at least one to be
late season for storing.

The ones I'd considered we Ribston Pippin, Sunset, Tydeman's Late
Orange, Pixie, Jonagold. Has anyone got any thoughts about any of these
for flavour and reliability? Or is there any other must-have type that
I'm missing?! Unfortunately, I can't get to an Apple Day anywhere.

Ribston Pippin and Tydeman's Late Orange are both very tasty apples.

Alan
--

Thanks.They're certainly two which appeal. I'm also trying not to be
influenced by names, but they both have irresistible names!