Old 13-06-2005, 08:39 PM
GardenGerald GardenGerald is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Sheehan
I've a Staghorn Sumach in my garden which I'm trying to get rid off, but its
proving very difficult. The roots tunnel around, then little Satellites keep
appearing everywhere. I've dug up as much as possible, but some roots venture
down and proving very difficult to remove.
My question is whether a weedkiller such as "Roundup" would do the trick, or is
the only option just digging them out.
thanks
Terry
Hello Terry
Several herbicides will do a good job for you, perhaps one to use would be Root Out. Follow instructions or cut growth to about 3 inches above soil level and drill stems using a half inch bit to a depth of two to three inches. Fill with product and seal. Do not get the chemical on soil or other plants. It works very well for difficult subjects.

Best wishes,
Gerald.