Old 13-06-2005, 01:35 PM
T. Sheehan

Default Staghorn Sumach

I've a Staghorn Sumach in my garden which I'm trying to get rid off, but its
proving very difficult. The roots tunnel around, then little Satellites keep
appearing everywhere. I've dug up as much as possible, but some roots venture
down and proving very difficult to remove.
My question is whether a weedkiller such as "Roundup" would do the trick, or is
the only option just digging them out.
thanks
Terry
Old 13-06-2005, 03:17 PM
CECI

Hi Terry,

I have the same problem with brambles which grow outside my fence but
invade my garden I have used spot weed killer like Round up and put it
on each shoot with a brush to make sure it is right in the heart of it.
Hope this helps

Ceci

Old 13-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Kay

In article .com, CECI
writes
Hi Terry,

I have the same problem with brambles which grow outside my fence but
invade my garden I have used spot weed killer like Round up and put it
on each shoot with a brush to make sure it is right in the heart of it.
Hope this helps

What problem?

It helps the rest of us if you can quote enough of the original post to
let us know what you're replying to.
--
Kay

Old 13-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Sheehan
I've a Staghorn Sumach in my garden which I'm trying to get rid off, but its
proving very difficult. The roots tunnel around, then little Satellites keep
appearing everywhere. I've dug up as much as possible, but some roots venture
down and proving very difficult to remove.
My question is whether a weedkiller such as "Roundup" would do the trick, or is
the only option just digging them out.
thanks
Terry
Hello Terry
Several herbicides will do a good job for you, perhaps one to use would be Root Out. Follow instructions or cut growth to about 3 inches above soil level and drill stems using a half inch bit to a depth of two to three inches. Fill with product and seal. Do not get the chemical on soil or other plants. It works very well for difficult subjects.

Best wishes,
Gerald.

Any owners of Rhus, stag horn sumach tree please read. Dean25 United Kingdom 77 30-08-2020 01:49 PM
Pruning sumach Tahi United Kingdom 1 19-03-2010 02:57 PM
staghorn algae turning pink.. linda mar Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 24-04-2003 03:20 AM
is there a good way of nursing a staghorn back to full health? Savtek Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
staghorn ferns, feeding? mcameron, bill Gardening 4 06-03-2003 05:15 PM