Old 13-06-2005, 07:04 PM
~Roy~

They do fine in ponds as you stated but temps much below what a
tropical can take will do them in. I tried a few in my wifes half
barrels and up until the water temps got into the mid to low 60's they
did fine.....

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 06:06:21 -0700, Courageous
wrote:

===
=== I can find lots of algae eaters for freshwater aquaria, but these seem
=== to like unrealistically high temperatures.
===
===I finally found something. The Chinese Weather Loach, also called the
===Dojos Loach. They appear to do well in ponds. They're also detritovores,
===so if you have a few, they'll eat that extra koi food.
===
===They tolerate a broad range of temperatures, although I don't know if
===they will overwinter a freeze zone. I'm in San Diego, so I didn't check
===that one out too carefully.
===
===C//

"The original frugal ponder"