Old 13-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Mark Craver

Sure sounds like a Japanese Hornet to me. Those things are mean as...
well... as hornets! 8*)
Mark

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:46:44 GMT, "Raleighgirl"

O, and Mike, is there a bee ID site that's particularly good? We
have a "new" kind of bee around here. It's cylindrical, and
orange-y colored; not the typical shape or color. One of my
neighbors is all freaked out about them and says they attacked
her child although unprovoked. Anyway, I'd like to do a little
research and share it as I am thrilled with any type of bee that
knows how to pollinate the veggies in my garden.
Thanks,
Raleighgirl