Old 13-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from kate7 contains these words:

I just want somewhere shady and private to sit with my baby next
summer, then I'm outta here!
Any other suggestions? I've had honeysuckle and clematis suggested -
but I really don't think they will cut it for next year. The onlooking
windows are sooo close I need growth above my head before it will be
private. The soil is very dry and solid clay at ten inches deep.

Jerusalem artichokes - and you can eat them from autumn onwards.
Sunflowers, teazles, hollyhocks, tree mallow.

Or get some bamboos in big planters and take them with you when you move.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/