Old 13-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Bob Hobden

"kate7" wrote ...

Hello all,
I have a weeny garden overlooked by two big blocks of flats. I expect
to have moved from this flat by summer 2007, so I need a very fast
solution to my privacy problem.
My partner is building me a pergola this week and I want something to
cover it for next summer. (optimistic?) Lots of people say mile a
minute is too rampant, but in my situation perhaps it would be worth
it?
I just want somewhere shady and private to sit with my baby next
summer, then I'm outta here!
Any other suggestions? I've had honeysuckle and clematis suggested -
but I really don't think they will cut it for next year. The onlooking
windows are sooo close I need growth above my head before it will be
private. The soil is very dry and solid clay at ten inches deep.

Why not use some green plastic shade cloth, you can get quite strong thick
stuff, stapled over the top of the pergola. Instant shade, instant privacy
and no change of a plant taking over.

--
Regards
Bob