Old 13-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Moo [email protected] contains these words:

In case you are interested I have posted an image of where I found the
sucker (see upturned pot near path) and the neighbours tree at bottom
of garden a distance from pot to trunk of about 10-12 feet.

That's nothing for a cherry sucker.

I have disposed of the "sucker" as there are enough tree and shrub roots
in my garden already.

Good, as it's unlikely to grow into a good fruit-bearing tree. Many/most
cherry trees are grafted on to a stock of a vigour to match the buyer's
requirements.

In the 30 years I have known the tree this is the first time I have
noticed these "suckers" in my garden.

They sometimes appear when/where you have damaged a root.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/