Old 14-06-2005, 03:28 AM
B.Server

I drove by a pile of cut bamboo on the north side of 45th between
Burnet Rd and MoPac. In my experience, bamboo will outlast most wood
in contact with water and soil. My guess is that the property is not
in love with them and I know that the city will not collect bamboo.

Just a thought.

cheers,

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:50:53 -0500, ceed
ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqr stuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com
wrote:

Hi,

I used to buy simple 5 (or 6?) feet long 1x1 inch wooden tomato stakes at
places like Home Depot and even Wal-Mart. They came in bundles of 9 as far
as I remember. This year they look at me as if I am asking for something
totally out of the ordinary when I enquire about them. They now stock all
kinds of fancy plastic stakes and metal cages, but the good 'ol wooden
stakes are nowhere to be found. At least I do not know where to find them
now. I live in Round Rock north of Austin and was wondering if anyone know
where I may be able to get hold of the ancient wooden tomato stakes.
Please do not try to convince me some of these new staking methods are
better, I am sure they are, but I need the old wooden ones for some
special tomato growing containers I have been using for years.

Anyone?