Old 22-10-2002, 09:52 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Which plant can stand aphid and can grow on a balcony?

"Marc W" wrote in
:

"Victoria Clare" wrote

What about a rosemary bush?

Can you give the latin name for that, then I can get the dutch name?
Please?

Ooo, erm, hopeless at latin names. Hang on, I'll ask Google. Aha!

Rosmarinus officinalis (should really have been able to remember that
one...)

The 'common' variety can get large-ish, so you might want to look out for
one of the smaller trailing varieties. I have a couple growing in those
blue egg-shaped pots you can get - they look great. But you should be able
to keep even the standard sort in a pot for many years before it starts
getting too big.

Oh, something else that is dead tough in pots is box (buxus microphylla or
buxus sempervirens) Snip into balls or pyramids and trim once or twice a
year. I bought a job lot of 10 plants, put them in one per pot, and they
really are very attractive in a formal sort of way.

Victoria Clare