Old 14-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Hal

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:04:17 -0600, "Nick-S" iwant2believe wrote:

I ran out of pea gravel and just used a few large stones - - also I had to
use a regular plant pot that I cut holes in so the roots of the plant would
be able to grow...unfortunately thats how some mud from the pot murked up
the water .. I've since removed the offending pot , but the water is still
muddy and it's now been 2 days.

Aluminum Sulfate 4 oz per 1500 gal. It's 20 ppm, which is the dose
recommended by the USDA. Reduces KH removes, phosphates causes
particles to coagulate.

That is a temporary treatment for algae, but it causes particles to
coagulate and makes them easier to vacuum from the bottom.

Koi and goldfish are bottom feeders that suck up a bit of bottom
dirt/mud and if there is no food in it they blow it back out. They
are most efficient in dispersing a pot of soil and small pebbles
around the bottom of a once clean pond. I use larger than egg sized
stones in my lily pots and don't make holes in the pots.

Regards,

Hal