Old 14-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Kay
writes
I don't recognise it as a UK wild plant.

It may be a 'shrub', by which I assume you mean a non-native plant used
as a garden shrub, but some of those can be quite invasive too. You
don't have to keep something in your garden just because other people
grow it in theirs ;-) - if you don't want it, stand by your guns.

The 'sucker from a stone fruit' theory sounds a good bet.

Why not pot it up and grow it on until you can identify it? If you keep
the root IN the pots it shouldn't cause too much aggro in the garden
border.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy