Old 14-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Katra

In article ,
"John" wrote:

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:59:52 GMT, "charliekilo"
opined:

I live in Great Hills/Arboretum area and we have quite a few gray foxes
around here.

Yes, after several late nights out back with flashlights we spotted two
pups and
a mom. They live in a den somewhere under our shed. At least that's one
of
their entrances. I'm not going to do anything about them. The pups will
leave
and they are said to be solitary for the most part. I'm concerned about
the
cardinal nest with three chicks in it. She made her nest in the rosa
rugosa
this year. A bit too low for my liking, but I'll watch it. I think these
fox
have really cleaned up the rodent population we had back there. At one
time I
saw at least eleven of them on the bird feeder way out at the end of the
property.

My folks live in the Pine Forest in Bastrop county, just east of the city of
Bastrop near Hwy 71..Early one morning I walked out the door and saw one of
these guys running up the road..Was very cool...
John

Foxes are cool...
until they start eating your pet cats, and your poultry. ;-)
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain