Old 22-10-2002, 04:19 PM
JennyC

Default Alliplugs and bubble wrap

"Alison" o.uk wrote
in message ...
Ok, we now have a new aluminium greenhouse (timber before) and I

need to do
my annual wrapping of bubbles on it. I've seen these alliplug

things that
say they are for attaching stuff like bubblewrap, and I've also seen
alliplug spacers that keep the plastic an inch from the glass. Does

anyone
have any experience in this area? Are these spacer things

necessary? Will
the glass get horribly condensationised (is that a word???) if I

don't use
them perhaps? Will there be better insulation if I do use them?

This metal
world is all a bit new to me.
TIA

--A

I don't have spacers between my bubble wrap and the glass. I use they
clip things that go in the rails to keep the wrap in place. Works a
treat.

The levels of condensation seem minimal. Most of the things in the GH
over the winter are not very 'wet' so maybe it is a self sustaining
atmosphere.

Jenny