Old 22-10-2002, 05:37 PM
anton

Default Apples again

Alison wrote in message ...
All this talk of apples and thoughts turning to planting and -wha' d'you
know - Andy Sturgeon has an article in the Daily Mail Weekend magazine all
about apples. Well *some* about apples. He mentioned a variety called
"Alison's Orange" and I'd like to track down a supplier. I've tried
Brogdale's website to no avail. Anyone know anything about this variety?

Ellison's Orange, I'm afraid. Joan Morgan's book says:
"At best glorious, with intense rich aromatic quality and
taste of aniseed.....remains popular garden variety, esp in
North of England."
Attractive blossom, flowers just after Cox.

--
Anton