Old 15-06-2005, 07:46 PM
~Roy~

Yep, exactly like the Penplax creature bubblers, only much much
bigger. I have been looking for a full head type halloween mask of
the creature from the black lagoon, that is made out of the rubber
like material or a large rubber shark, or even a godzilla type figure
or whole head mask.......

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:34:30 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

==="~Roy~" wrote in message
t...
===I usually try and make my own out of varous objects I accumulate. I
=== have cast bronze sundials, fish, plaques and other objects, but
=== probably my neatest ornament is my huge dragon fly, which I made in
=== about 15 minutes time out of a overhead garage door spring which was
=== used for the body, and some scrap pieces of steel rod which were
=== formed into wings, antennae , legs etc and welded on to the spring,
=== along with some large glass balls for eyes.......I heated the spring
=== here and there so I cold bend it and have it retain the shape I
=== wanted, left it a natural "rust" color initially, and set it up on a
=== huge rock on the corner of the pond........I could have sold a hundred
=== of them already. Last count I made 11 that I gave away to folks
=== around here wanting them.
===
=== I too want a creature form the black lagoon......but as of yet have
=== been unsucessful at finding a suitably large enough head or form to
=== use. I want to make one that will submerge under the water, and after
=== a period of time just surface hang there for awhile and then slowly
=== sink back under the water......using air to power it. Got the plans
=== all drawn up and it works with a small head i have, but I need a BIG
=== head so its more visible.
===
===Nice idea. Kind of like the old aquarium penplax creature bubbler...

"The original frugal ponder"