Old 15-06-2005, 01:30 PM
~Roy~

Default Garden ornaments

I usually try and make my own out of varous objects I accumulate. I
have cast bronze sundials, fish, plaques and other objects, but
probably my neatest ornament is my huge dragon fly, which I made in
about 15 minutes time out of a overhead garage door spring which was
used for the body, and some scrap pieces of steel rod which were
formed into wings, antennae , legs etc and welded on to the spring,
along with some large glass balls for eyes.......I heated the spring
here and there so I cold bend it and have it retain the shape I
wanted, left it a natural "rust" color initially, and set it up on a
huge rock on the corner of the pond........I could have sold a hundred
of them already. Last count I made 11 that I gave away to folks
around here wanting them.

I too want a creature form the black lagoon......but as of yet have
been unsucessful at finding a suitably large enough head or form to
use. I want to make one that will submerge under the water, and after
a period of time just surface hang there for awhile and then slowly
sink back under the water......using air to power it. Got the plans
all drawn up and it works with a small head i have, but I need a BIG
head so its more visible.

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 15-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Gareee©

"~Roy~" wrote in message
[...]

Nice idea. Kind of like the old aquarium penplax creature bubbler...

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 15-06-2005, 07:46 PM
~Roy~

Yep, exactly like the Penplax creature bubblers, only much much
bigger. I have been looking for a full head type halloween mask of
the creature from the black lagoon, that is made out of the rubber
like material or a large rubber shark, or even a godzilla type figure
or whole head mask.......

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:34:30 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

==="~Roy~" wrote in message
t...
===I usually try and make my own out of varous objects I accumulate. I
=== have cast bronze sundials, fish, plaques and other objects, but
=== probably my neatest ornament is my huge dragon fly, which I made in
=== about 15 minutes time out of a overhead garage door spring which was
=== used for the body, and some scrap pieces of steel rod which were
=== formed into wings, antennae , legs etc and welded on to the spring,
=== along with some large glass balls for eyes.......I heated the spring
=== here and there so I cold bend it and have it retain the shape I
=== wanted, left it a natural "rust" color initially, and set it up on a
=== huge rock on the corner of the pond........I could have sold a hundred
=== of them already. Last count I made 11 that I gave away to folks
=== around here wanting them.
===

Old 16-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Gareee©

"~Roy~" wrote in message

Yep, exactly like the Penplax creature bubblers, only much much
bigger. I have been looking for a full head type halloween mask of
the creature from the black lagoon, that is made out of the rubber
like material or a large rubber shark, or even a godzilla type figure
or whole head mask.......

Check ebay for resin creature busts.. one was there just a week ago.